PLAN YOUR VISIT
Dear Penn Street Market Friends,
The Penn Street Market 2020 season opened on June 4th + closed on September 3rd. While the season looked very different, we opened with a commitment to continuing our mission to provide fresh, healthy food for the downtown Reading community. A primary objective was to ensure the safety and health of our customers, vendors, and staff and to reduce the exposure and spread of COVID-19. We actively made operational and procedural changes outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and integrated guidelines put forth by the PA Department of Agriculture.
We know these times have been hard for all of us. Please know that the Market is here for you. While the season may be over, we are excited to offer off-season pop-up markets with our partners. We look forward to continuing to connect our community to fresh, local food while supporting our farmer and producer neighbors livelihoods.
With Gratitude – The Penn Street Market Team
Penn Street Market Policies + Safety Recommendations for Customers
What you can do to help stop the spread of COVID-19 at the Market
- Wear a Mask Keep your mouth and nose covered at all times if you are able to wear one.
- Shop Solo to reduce the number of people at the market. If possible, please send one shopper per household. If you have a friend or neighbor who is in a more vulnerable population (such as elderly, those with respiratory problems, etc.), consider offering to pick up groceries for them at the farmers market, so they don’t have to come.
- Keep Your Distance Practice safe social distancing – Allow at least 6 feet of space between shoppers – check for markers on the ground. Please be patient when waiting in line to shop.
- Please Don’t Touch Don’t touch food until you’ve purchased it. Tell vendors what you want and they will pack it for you. When purchasing products from vendors, please wait until your bag has been placed on the table. Once the vendor has stepped back you may approach to pay & collect your goods. As always, wash fruits and veggies when you return home.
- Wash Your Hands A hand washing station will be available to the public. Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use provided hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your face. Cough or sneeze into your arm, away from people and food.
- Leave Pets at Home Unless you use a service dog, please leave dogs at home. They can make social distancing an even bigger challenge.
Observe all posted signage, and listen to instructions of market staff and vendors – we are here to help and to keep you safe. Please keep in mind that new rules are for your protection.
Hours Of Operation:
October 2020 – Pop-ups!
Thursdays | 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
838 Penn Street, Reading, PA 19602
Courtyard in front of Berks Community Health Center